Monday, May 3, 2010

How we met

Gail & Jeff - When we were dating

Well, it's hard to believe we have been married for 12 years this summer. What a crazy ride it's been. It seems just like yesterday when we met!

It was a hot summer day on the beach and I was laying out with friends. This really hot, body pierced, muscled up guy with lots of tatoos came and sat beside me and struck up a stupid conversation. Me, going through a not so great divorce, decided I would play 'hard to get'. "Do you have a light" he asked. "For what, I don't smoke and you shouldn't either" I said. "What are you my momma" he asked. "No, but I'm old enough to be" was my response. He must have liked my smarty response because he was persistent. He called that night and asked me and my girls on a date to eat pizza and play video games...a big plus for me! After that day, we talked on the phone every night, all night and spent as much time with each other as we could. I knew he was younger so I freaked out a little. I kept thinking I have 2 girls, I'm way older and WHAT WILL EVERYONE SAY?? I quickly realized that I could care less what everyone thought. He was so good to me and my girls and they loved him! I never thought about him being 21 and me being 28 again. Two years later, we were married!

Not everyday has been perfect and we have had our ups and downs like most couples, but we are very best friends and it gets us through almost every situation. We think so much alike that it's crazy. I do have to say that the age difference keeps me younger and things exciting. I wouldn't trade what we have together for anything!

2 comments:

  1. AWW! So happy you're blogging and with a great story! BTW...was I really that young when you guys started dating- wow! I swear it was only 5 years ago! You guys haven't changed a bit and we were SO lucky to have you girls become a part of our oh so crazy family ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Gail. Write more, I'll read it!!

    Yours and Jeff's relationship has always made me want to have a little of what you guys have. If you can be friends with him and laugh with him thats half the battle. Congrats on a relationship that will make your girls realize that they shouldn't settle for less.

    ReplyDelete